iAnthony

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stand back, I know Tofu!


I've been looking for healthy dinner ideas, and tried just stir-fried veggies with rice, but it wasn't terribly satisfying, plus I figured I should be getting more protein in my diet. So the last time I was at Trader Joe's I picked up baked terriyaki-flavored tofu. I made it tonight, stir-fried with a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, some Schezwan seasoning, and some soy sauce.

How was it? Eh. It wasn't bad, but tofu, even marinated, is pretty much somewhere between sponge and ricotta cheese in flavor. It's the kind of thing you eat because it's good for you, or because you have to, but nobody ever would pick it for their last meal. I'd probably make it again, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home