iAnthony

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The view from 322 North...


So a while back I was browsing through auction site auctionzip.com and stumbled on an auction in the middle of nowhere that had some interesting computer stuff, including a bunch of computer cleaning stuff. It was quite a distance away, in the middle of nowhere in PA. But I figured it would be an interesting drive, so I took the afternoon off on Monday and drove up there.

It was a close to 3 hour drive each way, most of it on RT 322, a 4 lane trucking route up the mountains of PA. You forget how much very rural space there is in PA. It was a beautiful drive, but sadly the picture above - taken near Fishing Creek - is the only one I took. I didn't take my DSLR, and I also was kind of in a hurry driving because I was worried I'd be late - which turned out to be foolish, since not only did I end up getting there early, but they didn't get to the stuff I was there for until well after it was scheduled.

I think it was worth it - it was a nice trip, I got to eat some local donuts and a Dairy Queen Blizzard, something I haven't had in a while. I also spent $250 - I think I'll be able to resell the stuff for several times that, but it remains to be seen. I also bought myself a Herman Miller chair for $13 - it needs a caster and has a small stain, and it's a side chair, but still....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home