iAnthony

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Meet my new friend, Herman Miller..


About a year and a half ago, I went to an auction that had a bunch of Herman Miller Aereon Chairs. They are the famous mesh chair of the dot.com era, and they went cheap - I think $200 or so for what is normally a $400-$600 chair. Not realizing what they were, and also not having room for them in my truck, I passed, and have been kicking myself ever since.

So when I stumbled on the chair above at the auction I was at in the middle of nowhere in PA, I was pretty thrilled, because I noticed it had a "Herman Miller" sticker on the bottom. Nobody else seemed to know what it was - I ended up getting it for $13 (it was part of a group of stuff and I bid to "choose" it). It's not an Areon, and it's missing a caster, and has a very small stain on the seat, but for $13, I still think it's a hell of a deal - it looks like it's normally a $370 chair (it has the optional "flexnet" seat, plus casters).

Now I just need to find a caster.

1 Comments:

  • This is a Herman Miller Caper side chair. One of my personal favorites. You should be able to get a replacement caster from Herman Miller I would think. Great find for that price!
    I love a good scrapper.

    By Blogger Jill, At November 2, 2009 at 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home