iAnthony

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Birthday cake...


My boss found out it was my birthday and offered to take me out to lunch. I declined, since I haven't gone with them the last couple times they had birthdays - so he bought me this piece of cake instead. German chocolate.

So today's my birthday. Twenty-nine years ago, I came into the world, naked and screaming - and it's all been downhill from there.

I'm kidding, of course. Life could be better, but it could be worse. I'm employed, have food and shelter, can fit into pants I could only dream of fitting into a few years ago, have little debt beyond my giant, upside-down mortgage, a truck visible from space, a cat who can be really cute when she isn't trying to eat my arm, and enough gadgets to open a Radio Shack.

On the negative side, I'm also single, don't see that changing anytime soon, and while I like my job, I'd also like to move up and don't see that happening anytime soon.

I never really got the big deal about birthdays - it's just a day. It's a reminder that you are a year closer to death, and when there are lots of things you want to do in life it's a little depressing. I know - I can find the cloud in any silver lining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home