iAnthony

Thursday, November 19, 2009

What a difference 3 inches makes...


A few months back, I bought a netbook - a 7" Asus eePC. It was a refurb that was $120 from an online retailer, with a celeron processor, 512mb RAM, and an 8 gig flash drive, running XP home. Once I upped it to a gig, it ran well, but it was just too small to use - the screen was tiny, and the keyboard was tinier - trying to do any serious typing on it was near impossible.

So not to long ago the same retailer had a blue 10" Asus for $250. Way better specs - 160 gig drive, gig of RAM (I'll eventually up it to 2), Atom processor. So I bought it. It's nice - it's actually usable, unlike the 7". The 7" will be going up for sale, either to a coworker or at the next hamfest I go to.

I haven't used it much - I have a 17" macbook pro from work that I generally use for laptop stuff, including typing this post - but I figure the netbook will be good for places where I don't want something as big or as nice as the Mac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home