iAnthony

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh Hai! I is Nibbler!


This is Nibbler, my cat, staring up at me from the coffee table in my living room.

She's about 20 months old. I never really thought much about getting a pet, and never had any growing up besides fish, because my older brother was allergic to fur.

There was a feral cat living behind one of the dorms at the college I work for, and one of the student workers had been keeping an eye on her. She had kittens, and after 3 of them vanished he decided to take in the other two. He mentioned that one day, and I said, thinking out loud, "maybe I should get a pet someday". He said he had already found homes for them, and I didn't think much of it... until a few days later when he came into work, frantic, because their RA had found about the kittens, the home for one of them had fallen through, and he needed to find her a home. Would I take her?

I was pretty reluctant - I hadn't seriously thought about getting a pet, and wasn't sure about being responsible for for one. But I agreed to come over and meet her - and this little black kitten fell asleep on my lap. I picked her up and set her down to get up, and she crawled back on and fell asleep again before I could get up. This happened several times, and I figured it was a sign.

So I have a cat. She's completely insane - one minute she'll be curled up on my lap asleep, the next minute she'll be chewing on my arm. She's clawed a bunch of my furniture, can't seem to take a poop without spraying my basement with litter, and tries to steal my food.

And yet she's probably one of the best things that's ever happened to me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home