iAnthony

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Where I'm writing this from...


So I've got the new Mac Mini mostly set up. I've got the new printer, a Brother HL2170W (because it's networked) and scanner (a Canon Lide 100, because HP didn't have 10.5 drivers for my old Scanjet 4600) hooked up. I've got most of my apps installed on the mac side, and a Windows XP VM built in Fusion with most of the apps. I still need to install and configure some stuff, and am still trying to get my iTunes library over - bsom helped me with the path, but it crapped out 1/3 of the way through the import - I'll probably try it again before I go to bed, and turn off the power saver stuff so it doesn't go to sleep midway.

The monitors were pre-existing (a 24" debranded HP refurb and a 19" LG). I did spring for an Apple keyboard. The Kensington trackball was actually $10 at a hamfest a few years back. I'm currently stalking iSight cameras on eBay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home