iAnthony

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sausagefest!


I don't cook much. It's not so much that I can't cook - not that I'm a gourmet chef, but I can make decent, basic food - but as a single guy, it often doesn't make sense for me to. But every now and then I cook something, mostly from the "saute some stuff and dump in some other stuff" school of cooking. Sunday is usually the only day that I really have time to cook something that involves more than setting the microwave.

So tonight I made sausage and peppers - sauteed peppers and onions, grilled some Jenni-O hot Italian turkey sausage on my Cuisinart griddler, and dumped it on a toasted sub roll. Quick, not horribly unhealthy, and tasty - plus, there's nothing like the smell of sauteing peppers wafting through Casa De Mad.

I'm not much of a drinker, but I figured I cook rarely enough that this event deserved a beer - in this case, Goose Island Honker Ale that I smuggled back from Indiana when I was out there for training last year. I figure I should use it up before it gets skunky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home