iAnthony

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mom's new PC....


When I was up at my parent's house in NJ, my mom asked me to take a look at her computer, which had some minor spyware and virus issues. It was also painfully slow. The machine was a Via 1.3ghz with 512 of RAM that I built about 5 years ago, mostly from free after rebate parts, so it's not shocking that it was well past it's prime, if it ever had one.

So my parents decided to finally buy a new machine. Since they refuse to buy stuff online, I agreed to find one for them and buy it and they would pay me back. I stalked the Dell online business outlet store, and snatched a refurbished Optiplex 330 for $399 plus tax, shipped free. It was a Pentium Dual Core 2.0, 2 gigs RAM, 250 gig SATA hard drive, dvd burner, and Windows XP Pro.

I got it today and I'm getting it set up - Windows updates, anti-virus, Office, ect. It seems like a nice little machine for the price. Interestingly, it has a sticker on it for the Philadelphia School System, so I know where it came from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home