iAnthony

Sunday, June 7, 2009

If gas prices keep going up, maybe I should buy one of these...


I see this little guy around the college campus I work sometimes - it's a Yamaha Vino motor scooter, which I presume from it's Italian name is supposed to resemble a Vespa. It's interesting that you can get away with naming a motor vehicle after an alcoholic beverage if the name is in a foreign language. I can't imagine the Yamaha Wine would be nearly as appealing.

In case you are wondering, the Vino is about 2 grand new. It has a 49cc engine, which means that it is just slow enough to qualify as a motor scooter under Maryland law - meaning you don't need tags or a motorcycle license to drive one, but you can't go above 30mph.

Would I ever actually buy one? Probably not, since it's not exactly practical for my half-hour commute. And because I don't know how to ride a bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home