iAnthony

Saturday, May 23, 2009

With Goodwill towards none...


The Goodwill store on the Alameda used to be my favoritest Goodwill ever - it was close to work and the gym, had plenty of parking, was reasonably clean and well organized for a thrift store, and most importantly had good prices and some really good finds. I've gotten stuff like a TI-83+ graphing calc for $8, Wii-motes for $5, a $20 new in box black Target baker's rack and $28 Yamaha Natural Sound amp that turned out to be broken.. but still fetched $85 on eBay.

Alas, Goodwill decided to wreck it. It's now a Goodwill Outlet, with most of the stuff being sold by the pound. I stopped there today and it's changed for the worse. Most of the display cases are gone, the electronics section has shrunk and what little that is there is crap, and there is no longer any new in box Target merchandise.

It seems to be a theme that anytime I find a store I like, it promptly goes out of business. I guess this is because I'm a bargain shopper, and if I can find stuff there that I can resell at a profit, they probably aren't making any money...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home