iAnthony

Sunday, May 17, 2009

This sale is In Tents!



One nice thing about Casa De Mad, my sprawling 1200 square foot townhouse, is it's close proximity to the White Marsh Mall, home of Ikea, the Swedish purveyor of fine particleboard furniture and Swedish meatballs. When i first moved here, I went there on a regular basis to scour their "as-is" section to furnish my house. I got a ton of deals, including a $13 coffee table, a $5 upholstered chair (that has since been ripped to shreds by the cat) and a $34 dining room table.

This month, they are having a "tent sale" of discontinued and as-is furniture, advertised in the pennysaver. It's only open on weekends. Since I had to swing by target to buys some drugs, I mean, to pick up a prescription, I figured I'd stop by.

I was seriously underwhelmed - most of the stuff was either really odd or still priced too high. They did have some good deals on kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities, but I'm not quite ready to tackle either. They had a bunch of Lack furniture in pink, if you are into that kind of thing. But not much I really needed.

I did end up buying three things - two 99¢ catnip toys, which I'm sure Nibbler will bury behind the sofa, and a $9.99 set of Ikea 365 flatware - they were kind of cool looking (and pretty heavy), and you can never have too many forks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home