iAnthony

Friday, November 27, 2009

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas, still...




Given that today was Black Friday, the "official" start of shopping for the Holiday/Christmas season, it seems appropriate to post these pictures. They are actually from a week ago from the college I work at - they took a section of the quad and set up an ice-skating rink, complete with an inflatable santa and a santa on ice skates.

I have to admit that the first thing I thought upon seeing this was "Bah humbug". Maybe it's because I feel like Christmas has gotten too commercialized, to the point where I'm sick of it long before it comes - despite the fact that, as someone who is always looking for a way to make money, I'm generally in favor of commercializing pretty much everything. Maybe it's the "Christmas creep", the fact that stores are putting Christmas decorations out with the back-to-school stuff. Or maybe it's because I was in the process of delivering a laptop to a faculty member, instead of being a carefree college student watching Santa skate around the quad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home