iAnthony

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I really should call that plumber...


This is the toilet in my master bath. You will notice that, unlike most toilets, it's in several pieces. You may also notice that it was evidently installed before the bathroom was painted.

Several months ago, the chain that allowed for proper flushing broke, and I realized that evidently whatever it attached to went, well, down the toilet. So I attempted to install a new flush valve. After several hours and multiple trips to Home Depot to buy a Dremel, I was able to get the tank off - only to discover that the previous owners had evidently glued the old flush valve in, and I can't get it out.

At this point, I'm thinking the best thing is just to replace the damn toilet - it's original to the house, and thus 30 years old. I even got the number of a good plumber from a coworker. But I'm cheap, plus I don't want to take a day off from work to have a plumber come over. I'll do it eventually, but I do have two other toilets (number of toilets was one of the deciding factors in buying my house, which tells you everything you need to know about the housing bubble). Although I do miss being able to get out of bed and pee without having to take more than 3 steps (the other bathroom is in the hallway outside my bedroom).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home