iAnthony

Friday, April 24, 2009

I prefer my food beige, thank you...


I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's - I find most of their food to be way better than comparable grocery store stuff, and the price is usually pretty close to what you would pay for at a normal grocery store. They also have a lot of cool, unique items that aren't really available at any other normal grocery store - their line of frozen Chinese food is really good, and I love their schoolhouse cookies. And much of what they have is actually pretty healthy.

Sometimes a little too healthy. I can't think of too many things that look less appetizing than this endcap of "green plant juice" that I ran into on my grocery store trip tonight - or have a less appetizing (or less descriptive) name. I'll stick with brown meat solids, thank you. I'm also vaguely disturbed by the fact that some of the bottles are a completely different shade of green than the rest.

I popped in tonight on my way back from work to "pick up a few things" and ended up dropping $65. Then again, I tend to buy mostly more expensive stuff at TJ's - lunch meat, frozen convenience food, ect - and more generic staple stuff at the normal grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home