iAnthony

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A tale of two televisions...



The first TV is installed in the lobby of the business school at the college I work for. I think the school paid ~$7000 for it back in 2001 or so. It's a 40" Sony, and it's picture looks awful compared to pretty much any cheap, low-end tv on the market now.

Like TV number two, which is installed in the living room of my house. It's a 32" TruTech (Target's store brand) and cost me $399.98 on clearance at Target a little less than 2 years ago. The picture is actually pretty good - good enough that I can plug a laptop into it and use it as a monitor.

The lesson is that Moore's Law is alive and well when it comes to consumer electronics. Prices go down, and quality goes up, and we're all better off for it.

(And if you are wondering why there is an Amazon box shoved in my home entertainment center, my surround sound receiver shit the bed a few months ago. It's currently with a friend who I'm hoping can fix it, but I'm probably a few days away from giving up and buying a new one. Anyway, I shoved the box in there because with the reciever gone, my cat kept crawling in there and chewing on the wires in back.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home